Friday, January 1, 2010

"That is NOT how I saw this night going."

As Mr. Chase, Daisy (I have been told that referring to my daughter as My Little Monster is not very nice- although tonight, she aptly earned the title) and I were driving home from dinner Mr. Chase declared dejectedly, "That is NOT how I saw this night going."

Mr. Chase called me on his way back into town from spending the holiday with his family. (Yeah, Happy New Year's to me) He called and asked if he could please take us out for dinner. I told him that sounded like a wonderful plan and would look forward to seeing him. We were just leaving my parents house, my mom gave Daisy and I haircuts Daisy got bangs and I feel like my hair is SOOO short, though in reality I finally got a real haircut not just a trim. It looks great and I KNOW it looks great but it feels soooo short :( So we hurried home, me with the vain hopes of getting home in time to style my new mop, and whaddya know Daisy fell asleep on the ride back into town and Mr. Chase pulled into my driveway right in front of me. He smiled at me and I hurried in to do the quick change and put some make up on while he moved his truck so we could take the car with the sleeping Daisy in it. So we went in search of somewhere OPEN to have dinner, third time was the charm Sushi won.

Daisy woke up as we pulled into the parking lot. She smiled and was excited to see Mr. Chase but as soon as we got into the restaurant it was a different story. No one could do anything right by her, she didn't want to sit in the high chair, she didn't want to color, she didn't want to sit in my lap, she didn't want to do anything except scream at me. The wait staff was incredibly kind and helpful, I was horrified she rarely throws tantrums like that at all let alone out in public. She insisted on being in my arms up and walking around the restaurant. Mr. Chase tried to entertain her but that only made her scream louder. I know she was just tired but her actions were getting out of control. After nearly thirty minutes of on and off fit throwing -I mean if you even looked at her the wrong way she would wail- she finally settled down.

So much for a fun dinner out. Maybe just maybe since she was so tired she would go to bed when we got back to my place? She and I went through her bedtime ritual and did all that we do. She said goodnight to Mr. Chase and gave us both big kisses and laid down. SUCESS!? Mr. Chase and I settled down on the couches ready to watch the movies we rented the night of the Red Light incident, ten minutes into the movie... MOMMY! I was going to let her cry for a few minutes, she was so tired already... MOMMY and it turned into screams, she had crawled 3/4 of the way out of bed and got stuck. She refused to sit and watch the movie, she refused to do anything except scream, pull hair, or do anything where the attention was not 100% focused on her.

I gave up. Mr. Chase gave up. The only person not completely exhausted by all of this? Daisy. I decided that the only way any of us were going to get any peace was a car ride. Mr. Chase politely declined the excursion and opted to go home, I was slightly dissapointed but if there was any way I could have gotten out of having to deal with this kid that didn't know when to quit I would have jumped at it as well!

I tossed Daisy into her carseat while Mr. Chase salted my sidewalk, the ice was treacherous. I ran back inside to grab my cell phone and Mr. Chase bid me a fond farewell and as he gave me a quick hug he told me he loved my short hair.

Now Daisy and I did a large loop around town with the heater all the way up and she was almost out as we pulled back into the driveway. As soon as the cold Cache Valley air hit her she was wide awake again. I nearly cried. We went through the bedtime ritual again, she refused, screamed for 10 minutes and finally gave up.

Tonight definitely did NOT go as planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOVE comments! Thank You so much for taking your time to leave your thoughts, feelings, ideas, rants and raves. You have just MADE my day!