Friday, January 15, 2010

Important People

Last night my stomach was in knots and yet I was incredibly excited. Mr. Chase, Daisy and I were heading to Ogden to meet up with my best friend, her sister, and her two kids. Was Mr. Chase worried about meeting my best friend? Well he didn't seem to be. As we were heading down to Ogden (which for those of you that don't know- is about an hour from Logan) Mr. Chase asked if it would be okay if his Mom came to dinner too.

So Yeah. What was I supposed to say? NO, your mom is NOT allowed to come? Really? Come on. Truth be told after the initial wanting to puke my guts out nervousness wore off I was kind of excited and folks let me just say. Mr. Chase's mom was amazing! Not only was she gorgeous but she was friendly, nice and just an all around great person: someone I would enjoy spending time with and could see myself becoming friends with. {i'm crossing my fingers}

When my best friend showed up with her sister and two kids in tow, things were a little awkward for a little bit but things settled down and after they relaxed and the food arrived things were good we chatted a little bit and soon it was time to say goodbye. (My best friend's sister was wanting to get home to see her boyfriend.) So we took Mr. Chase's mom back to her home and Daisy played with Mr. Chase's basset hound, Ernie. She adored him and thought he was the bees knees.

I had so much fun. It was great to get to see my best friend and meeting Mr. Chase's mom was not as traumatic as I was afraid it was going to be, it was actually pretty great. The drive home was so fun, we sang along with the radio at the top of our lungs while Daisy slept in the back. It was GREAT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOVE comments! Thank You so much for taking your time to leave your thoughts, feelings, ideas, rants and raves. You have just MADE my day!