Wednesday, December 30, 2009

At a Red Light

Mr. Chase has a lot of patience but when it comes to me driving my sister's car (which has a standard transmission) his patience is not so great. So he grabbed the keys and offered to drive which honestly took the embarrassment of grinding gears in front of him (again) out of the equation. SCORE FOR ME!
So here we are driving along in the slick and snowy roads heading the 6 or 7 blocks to the video store when we pull up to a stop light. It turns red whilst Mr. Chase is in the intersection, we see the cop car across from us and know that our number is up. We had no choice but to go because hello we were already in the intersection and what did he want us to do? BACK UP into the car that had slid up behind us? I THINK NOT! So we all made sure our seat belts were on (they were) and were very polite as the red and blue lights blinded us.
Mr. Chase kept his cool and I watched him very closely, worried about what his reaction to the obvious ticket was going to be. It was inevitable. After the officer had the necessary information and took his sweet time I knew that he was NOT getting away with a warning. I cringed as he brought back the license, registration, insurance information and the ticket for Mr. Chase to sign. He asked about how much that ticket would cost and the officer wouldn't even give him a ball park. Just told Mr. Chase that he had no idea how much it was going to be he was going to have to call the court to find out. This is where I mumbled Liar under my breath. What a jerk he didn't take the conditions into consideration and just wrote up at ticket.
Jerk.
We went and got the movie he fretted for about 5 minutes then he was over it. just announced that he would have to work more to pay for the ticket and that was that. We spent the rest of the evening talking on the couch. Poor Mr. Chase is getting sick. His whole body is aching and I told him if he shares it with me or My Little Monster he is a dead man. I hope he feels better tomorrow, that it was just a quick 24 hour bug... I hope - I hope - I hope! Men are big babies when they're sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOVE comments! Thank You so much for taking your time to leave your thoughts, feelings, ideas, rants and raves. You have just MADE my day!