Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Agony

I know I have done a post about pet names already but I need to say something about it again, because the search for my pet name continues. I have recently been called everything from Toots, Sweetheart, Sweets and my new favorite Luv. Its funny, as Mr. Chase continues to try to find a name for me I am completely content calling him Dear or Mr. Chase but listening to him trying to figure out which term of endearment to call me always makes my heart flutter a bit. I just spent the last 8 minutes saying goodnight to a very sleepy Mr. Chase. He called -more asleep than awake- to tell me that he missed me, could hardly wait to see me tomorrow and say goodnight.

Its been more than 38 WHOLE hours since I have actually seen Mr. Chase now... pure torture, let me tell you. Its been HELL...Or maybe that was just being stuck in a truck in close quarters with my stinky little brother (AkA Superman)? Okay so the 3.5+ hour ride to Rexburg to go to the Brooke White concert @ BYWoo-Idaho with my father, mother, Daisy and Superman really wasn't all that bad. We broke into random comedy routines, played hand games with Daisy and sang showtunes for the majority of the ride up. Mr. Chase texted me periodically throughout the day to let me know he was missing me (collective smitten sigh) and I even got to talk to him prior to the concert.

The concert. WAS. AMAZING! Brooke sang for nearly 2 hours. She sounded great the crowd of about 1,300 people LOVED her and the show was pretty awesome. Sang all her greatest songs and although the ONE song {smile} I wanted her to sing she didn't she made up for it by completely blowing Let It Be, Use Somebody, Rhianna & You're So Vain totally out of the water (strangely all cover songs) I however think my favorite song of the night was a song I have heard her sing several times live -and since I own several copies of the album- I have heard it probably 100+ times, but hearing the song tonight it was like the light finally came on. I finally got what it was saying.


Can we have an honest conversation
Underneath the surface where we've been stayin'?
Where it's comfortable, where we play it safe
And we try so hard not to make mistakes

Spend a lot of time but I don't really know you
Think we've reached a point where I wanna show you
Who I really am, what I think about
What makes me smile, what brings me down, oh

I guess I feel some hesitation
Before we say those words

Sometimes love is an empty invitation
Sometimes love is a word that's used in vain
Sometimes love is just something that people say everyday
And I don't want it that way
[ Brooke White Lyrics are found on www.songlyrics.com ]

We've both been in situations
Where we woke up at a revelation
But a little voice said it wouldn't last
Hey don't walk away, leave it in the past, oh

We wrestle with the reservations
Now we're finding it hard to say those words

Sometimes love is an empty invitation
Sometimes love is a word that's used in vain
Sometimes love is just something that people say everyday
And I don't want it that way, and I don't want it that way

Sometimes love is an open invitation
Sometimes love is a word that heals the pain
Sometimes love is more than just something that people say everyday
And I want you that way, oh, oh love, well I want you that way


No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOVE comments! Thank You so much for taking your time to leave your thoughts, feelings, ideas, rants and raves. You have just MADE my day!