Sunday, January 10, 2010

Somebody Kill Me Please

Well Mr. Chase messed up BIG time.

Things just seems to be a bit off tonight... again. He thought I was holding back and or annoyed with him. I wasn't. Just exhausted from my oh so exciting "vacation". It was great to see all the fam but I just wanted my own bed and someone to kiss me goodnight, is that really too much to ask!? But I digress.

Since school starts tomorrow (for him- my classes are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) Mr. Chase had to be home by 10pm. (self imposed curfew- which is funny because his new work schedule has him working till 10pm now :( )

As Mr. Chase was preparing to leave, he was checking his messages and saying goodbye at the same time - he looked up to say goodbye and HE CALLED ME THE WRONG NAME!!! Now I am not stupid and I am completely aware that other girls text him and he even writes back to them! he realized what he did and didn't try to cover it up in fact his next words were, oh man I just majorly screwed up right? I couldn't say anything. He walked over to me to kiss me goodbye and I wanted to melt into the wood panelling I was so crushed. He noticed my hesitation and kissed my forhead then walked out to get Grace's car seat out of his truck.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is where I lost it.

There really wasn't anything I could do about it, the tears came. I knew it was stupid, I knew that it was just an honest slip, I knew/know that Mr. Chase "really really really really likes me" (yes that's 4 really's) but I couldn't stop them as much as I wanted to I couldn't convince my eyes to shut off. I was horrified because I knew he was coming back in just a moment. I took a deep breath and whipped the tears away from my eyes and since I was stupid enough to put mascara on before Mr. Chase came over I was ...

BUSTED.

He asked me (and used my correct name) what was wrong and I just tried to play it off like it was nothing which really bothered him. He said THIS is what the problem is, you're not talking to me Em. (Oh sure, NOW he remembers my name!) I asked him what he wanted me to say and we went back and forth a for a few minutes and with nothing resolved other than the desire to see each other again and he went home.

We chatted when he got home and discussed what was REALLY going on the weirdness, I admitted to not knowing where I stood with him and confessed that the way he talks to me sometimes is like riding a carousel I feel like he says one thing then the next loop around he takes it back.

i.e. Tonight he told me,
how much he had missed me last night
but now that I was home it didn't seem like I was gone that long

I gave him a few examples from our recent conversations and explained why it bothered me. I told him that I never knew if I was supposed to take what he said at face value or wait for the disclaimer to quickly follow.

Mr. Chase apologized and stated that now he knew what the problem was he would fix it. It was then time for bed so we said our once again fond goodbyes he crawled in bed and I decided to write this blog before crashing myself.

I got a text a moment ago from him "that girl that just told me how she felt and what was really bothering her is the one I'm attracted to"

Who knew that all the drama avoidance I have been trying to do is what lead to all this havoc in the first place!? I'm looking forward to seeing Mr. Chase again... Until Next Time....

1 comment:

  1. Aww Em, at least you know how much Mr. C likes you because he was honest and didn't try to cover up the fact that he called you by another name. If he didn't, I'm sure he'd have been a jerk and covered it up like a loser would. It's pretty obvious that he likes you. Yep yep yep.
    Oh, and I'm glad you FINALLY told him what has been bothering you. Now he knows and hopefully things will get EVEN BETTER from here. ;)

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE comments! Thank You so much for taking your time to leave your thoughts, feelings, ideas, rants and raves. You have just MADE my day!