Saturday, August 1, 2009

It's Been a Long, Been a Long, Been A LONG Day.

Today started out like most other days. The baby woke up stinky and desperately needing a change. Me thinking I have to to stop feeding her whatever it is that makes her smell like this because seriously my house smells as if I am housing hazardous waste.

So I changed the little monster that holds my heart in her little claw and she was completely happy to run around terrorizing me and the kitten but laughing and screaming enjoying being out of bed with more energy than anyone deserves to have that early in the morning. So in following with our morning routine we got dressed and she had breakfast while I tried to keep her from spreading it all over the apartment.

I called up a friend and told her that we should take some pictures today, I promised her a photoshoot before she left and since her last day in the valley was today this was our chance. She explained she need some time to finish what she was doing and I thought great I can get started on my chores. I had a mountain of laundry to get done, literally. I also had the desire to rearrange the furniture in attempts to organize and de-clutter my bedroom. So in typical Auntie Em fashion I bit off a bit more than I could chew. I started the moutain of laundry, which involved rewashing the clothes that were in the washer -that I had washed the day before and yet since its the middle of summer started to smell funny and not funny ha ha- cleaning the bathroom, gathering all the dishes from around my apartment -mostly glasses from here or there- I also decided that it was time move my bed, and the recliner out of one room into another, move a bookcase and go through all of my little monsters clothes -do the pitch and toss, this fits, that doesn't-. I started all this while waiting for my friend to call to go take pictures.

She called just as I was in the process of moving the trunk that had been at the foot of my bed out of my room into the front room to use it as a coffee table, which is funny because I don't drink coffee but that's the best way to describe its purpose. So I dropped everything grabbed the little monster and headed to the photoshoot. We took pictures for the better part of an hour in the midday sun, which FYI is an AWFUL time to take photos. Then we went to lunch, ran my friend to the hospital to get an ultrasound and blood work done and then my friend needed to do laundry and offered to do my dishes in exchange of the use of my facilities, I of course jumped at the offer. So we stopped by her appartment grabbed her laundry and then trotted off to my disaster.

We somehow mangaged to get all the things on my list done and make dinner and give the little monster a bath and get her to bed. That was all done by about ten thirty and then we went up to her house to help her pack. We cleaned and cleaned and packed and packed.

I came home at one showered and now I'm finally getting to wind down. *sigh of relief*

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOVE comments! Thank You so much for taking your time to leave your thoughts, feelings, ideas, rants and raves. You have just MADE my day!