Sunday, August 9, 2009

The First Weekend in August...

WELCOME TO THE CACHE COUNTY FAIR!
My Friend Tyler enjoying proof that there is a God and he does in fact love us.
Funnel Cake

The sweet smell of hay, fresh straw, and cattle
mixed with
the uber intoxicating aromas of
everything fried.
Corn Dogs, Scones, Oreos, Twinkies and FUNNEL CAKES!!
Add in the sounds of local want to be singers and
All the various farm animals noises,
a veritable cornucopia of Old MacDonald verses.

I always look forward to the first weekend in August.
The fair is always at the top of my favorite things to do in the summer,
right up there with watching the meteor shower.
(Which is going to be this coming Wednesday)

It was unseasonably cool this weekend.
Seriously our HIGH yesterday was 66 degrees! That's insane! But I bundled up (aka put a sweater on) my little monster and off we went to our third round of fair fun. Hey admission is free and getting to walk around make fun of silly animals and people watch is always fun!
I ran into people I haven't seen in YEARS
and some that I hope I won't seen for YEARS to come.


This is the LARGEST horse in the West...Jack.
Seriously he's 21 hands high, that's 6 foot 4 inches folks and that's just to his SHOULDER!
I have NEVER in my whole life seen an animal that size, well not one that didn't belong at the zoo I mean. This is just draft horse, but he is HUGE!

Not only does the livestock fascinate me but so do the very random displays
one of my very favorite is the barn that houses the city displays/mosaics made out of BEANS!

That's right folks this little work of art is comprised completely of beans and seeds.

Make sure you enter the DUCK derby.
You know you are just dying to win that mini dirt bike prize!

In addition to the wildlife there are the Carnival Rides.


Now keep in mind that ALL of these rides FOLD down


disassemble and fit on the back of semi trucks.

That in its own right kept me from even wanting to ride.
Okay well also the fact that I am CHICKEN
There was also no chance I was going to shell out $5
for a 3 minute ride on the rickety old Ferris Wheel
that since taking the picture is well on its way to the next town.

I am always sort of sad when the fair rolls around because its the beginning of the end of summer. Yet I look forward to it every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOVE comments! Thank You so much for taking your time to leave your thoughts, feelings, ideas, rants and raves. You have just MADE my day!