Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Million Wishes

Its two o'clock in the morning and I can hardly hold my eyes open any longer but I wanted to just say how amazing, awe inspiring and just plan AWESOME the meteor shower was/is.
Tonight is the peak but I will be out tomorrow as well and probably for the rest of the week but tonight was special. It was the first time in the last 5 years I actually watched it alone. It was also the first time I didn't drive out the the outer edges of the valley to watch it on a dark road. I stood in front of my little apartment in my jammies and watched as the stars chased each other -in an eternal game of hide and seek- across the endless sky.
The vibrant yellows, blues and greens as the meteors scream through the atmosphere are some of the most electric and vibrant I have ever seen.
Nights like this staring up at the stars makes me think about how insignificant I seem to be in the whole grand scheme of things but this amazing light show also makes me think how GREAT our Creator must be for giving us such a glorious thing to watch.
That said I bid you all a fond good night and remind you all that if you see a Falling Star... Make a Wish.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Em,

    I haven't seen you around in a couple of days so I just wanted to pop in and say HI..hope everything is ok in your world :)

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE comments! Thank You so much for taking your time to leave your thoughts, feelings, ideas, rants and raves. You have just MADE my day!