Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Chase

I had my first "real" date with the guy that I have been seeing for two weeks now. What should we call him? He needs a name so I can refer to him... hum... Let's call him... Mr. Chase because that may or may not be his name... or maybe I'll call him Chase because I am going to make him Chase me... get it? Oh I crack myself up sometimes.

To catch you up, Mr. Chase and I met online a few weeks ago, he lives less than 5 blocks way. We are both attending the local university and we have been seconds from passing each other in the hallways all semester long. He saw me on a dating sight and told me I looked familiar which if I didn't think the same thing I would have thought it was a line.

Anyway, we have been doing the hanging out sort of dating. You know the kind I'm talking about the hang out on the couch giggling when your elbows touch, watching movies, chatting. Lots of texting back and forth (not while he's here, that's just juvinile!) The first time he came over he actually spent the evening fixing the lights on my Christmas tree while I wrote a paper, and he has done a great job of making sure that I'm doing what I'm supposed to in my recovery from pneumonia, ie he reminds me to take my antibiotics. He is helpful, I was vaccumming when he came over the other night ( I had just redecorated my tree so there was glitter and whatnot all over the place) he took the vacuum, vacuumed everything up and even MOVED THE FURNITURE to get behind and under it!!! Well we decided that we should probably go on a REAL date out in public, the kind with the opening of doors and the pulling out of chairs.

To be honest I was NERVOUS when he came to pick me up, butterflies and everything. I was all flustered and he was too it was cute. We went to dinner and since we ate so early, around five, there was NO one else in the restaurant, we joked about him arranging a private room for us, very romantic. We enjoyed dinner and looked up movie times on my phone then headed off to the theater to catch Blind Side. (GReAT movie- sandra bullock should NOT be a blonde) Afterwards we headed back to my place and since My Little Monster was in bed, we decided to watch Phantom of the Opera.

All in all it was a pretty great "first" date. I told Mr. Chase that I was going to make him chase me. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

i LOVE comments! Thank You so much for taking your time to leave your thoughts, feelings, ideas, rants and raves. You have just MADE my day!