Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Sweet Sound of Music

I have wanted a piano for a LONG time. I do NOT play. I tinker with it at best but I think a home isn't a home without a piano. That said, I was at my parents the other night and my little brother (aka Superman) walked in with Dad (and I will just call Dad, Dad), they had just gotten back from a long day at the Depot, "Have you asked Seester (me) about the piano yet?" Superman asked Dad.

"Not yet, you tell her about it you found it."

Superman then explained to me that a friend of theirs had an OLD piano, in desperate need of repair that he was wanting to get rid of. He was going to push it out the door and destroy it! Luckily Superman and Dad said they would gladly take it off his hands. So they asked me if I wanted it, with the warning that it was DIRTY and needed some repair. I instantly jumped at the chance and the piano will be coming to reside at my apartment in the next few days.

I have had to do some MAJOR rearranging, I had to move the HUGE bookshelf. Dad and Superman did that yesterday and now in the interum of having the open space for the piano and having the piano my lovely garage sale recliner is going to fill the void. I can hardly wait for the piano to get here!

My little brother asked me the other day if I wanted a piano. The correct answer of course was "Duh!"
I of course have not been able to afford even entertaining the THOUGHT of having a piano, but apparently a friend of his has an OLD piano in need of serious cleaning, restoration, tuning and TLC. I am so excited to get it.

1 comment:

  1. YAY FOR YOU EMILY!!! I'm so excited! I'll even come try it out for you...

    Love,

    Your favoritenic

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE comments! Thank You so much for taking your time to leave your thoughts, feelings, ideas, rants and raves. You have just MADE my day!