Thursday, December 17, 2009

What a Day

Despite the horrible tossing and turning and nightmares of last night, today turn out to be a pretty fantastic day! My little monster slept until well after 11 am and I was able to get up and do some things I needed to.

We got up got dressed and got ready for the day, crepes were on the menu so I set to work on then and its true what they say "if you build it they will come" or rather in this case, "if you make it he will come. " That's right Mr. Chase showed up just in time for lunch. With a bag of his laundry to boot! And well now we have not come right out and said that we are "boyfriend/girlfriend" doing one another's laundry and spending lazy afternoons together... hum... but I'm not saying anything I'm not going to be the one to curse it.

Mr. Chase was nice enough to run me up to my appointment on campus with the academic advisor I have been dreading. I gave him a quick kiss goodbye but apparently that wasn't good enough because he pulled me back for another and another.

The Academic advising appointment astounded, astonished, and amazed me. I found out 4 classes that are all available next semester is all I need to graduate. I laughed, I cried and the advisor even gave me a hug! I can't remember the last time I felt such relief? {Perhaps when they told that after 48 hours of labor at home, I was finally dilated enough to have my little monster}I will have a degree! After 8 years of on and off I am finally going to get that blasted insanely expensive piece of paper to hang on the wall that says I DID IT!! I FINISHED SOMETHING!!! My mom was the first person I called she didn't answer and didn't answer so I called my dad, He DID answer and was almost as enthused as I am. I posted it on facebook and received many accolades and congratulatory remarks but there is still one semester left. I am confident. The end is near!!!

I celebrated by staying home all evening (because my car is broken) and making latkes.( They were stellar! ) seeding pomagranites and doing dishes. I sent Grace to bed painted my nails and was dozing on the couch when my phone began to sing to me a Tim McGraw song "I may be a real bad boy... but baby I'm a real good man..." this danced through my mind as I was dozing I snapped to when i realized WHO was calling. I looked at the clock quarter to midnight. I grumbled and answered my phone.

"Hello?" - I said in my grouchiest how dare you make me wait this long to hear back from you voice.

"Hey what you doin?" He asked in his happy golden retriever all is right in the world voice.

"Just sleeping on the couch" *click* I thought he hung up on me. Oh boy was that man going to get a piece of my mind. I called him back no answer. I tried again still no answer as soon as I hung up his ringtone played again. "Hangin up on me eh?" I asked.

"Sorry my phone died and its going to die again soon. I was wondering if I could come over and get my laundry."

I wanted to say, sorry the laundry mat closed at 10 but I think something along the lines of do you realize its almost midnight? came out. He said he'd be there in a moment and he arrived a few short minutes later. I was sprawled out half asleep on the couch so he came in and crawled over me so he could hug me for a moment. He apologized for leaving me in the dark and mentioned that he would not do it again. He stayed for about 20 minutes before it was time to send him home. He smiled and kissed me goodbye. Told me he wished he didn't have to go

My feelings exactly! So even though I was mad that he made me wait so long, all in all it was a pretty great way to end out a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOVE comments! Thank You so much for taking your time to leave your thoughts, feelings, ideas, rants and raves. You have just MADE my day!