Thursday, December 24, 2009

Addressing Concerns


It has been brought to my attention that in reading my blog Mr. Chase sounds as though he is
"Mr. Wonderful" and apparently this poses concern to some of my readers, okay THEY are not really readers... THEY are concerned family members that think my track record is not so stellar and are concerned that I do not think I can get "prime beef"
that I am settling for scraps {when the family member referred to Mr. Chase as beef I nearly lost it- tears welled up in my eyes in attempts to keep from laughing hysterically}

Now, when it comes to men and dating I am the first to admit that I have not had such great luck. Perhaps I am not the greatest judge of character I have certainly picked myself some real WINNERS but what can I say? I am a sucker for the underdog, I see a person for who they are at the moment- not who they were- THEY see this as a character flaw on my part- not looking at the full picture and such.
{I blame my father for this actually, he can look at an empty lot, or an old falling down house and see something magnificent and extraordinary just waiting to take shape. I am the same way but my vision of what is yet to come extends not only to structures but to people as well.}
and I could probably add taking things slow to my list of things to be concerned about. This is not something I am very good at, when I say that I mean, I go from Hello my name is ____ to Hopelessly Devoted in half a second @ least that's what THEY think.

Now I realize that the way I do things is not the norm, but I have never been accused of being normal.

I am the first to admit that Mr. Chase may not be everyone's cup of tea however, right now he is like a breath of fresh air to someone that has been drowning in a sea of creeps. How is he so different you ask? He does not treat me as a second class citizen for being a divorced/single mom. You would not believe how many men go running for the hills when they find out that I'm a mom. He opens doors for me-chivalry is NOT dead! And a BIG one is that he LOVES and respects his mother- I firmly believe that you can tell how a man will treat you by the way he treats his mother and sisters (Mr. Chase does not have any sisters)

I am not going to continue to spout off starry eyed drivel about Mr. Chase -although I probably could- because ladies and gentlemen I know he is not perfect, he has a not so pleasant past (that I'm not going to divulge the information I am privy to because that would just be rude) that has presented many obstacles in his life but he is overcoming them and that's all that really matters right? And his past is just that, past and while I am completely aware that it could come back and bite him in the ___ should that possibility prevent us from something GOOD from happening?

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOVE comments! Thank You so much for taking your time to leave your thoughts, feelings, ideas, rants and raves. You have just MADE my day!