Sunday, December 20, 2009

Heard it Through The Grapevine!


Sometimes I wonder if anyone even reads this. I rarely receive comments but I am not complaining rather explaining how an interesting conversation took place with a church leader of mine. I was talking with said church leader this afternoon after our usual block of Sunday meetings and he expressed a concern over something he had "heard through the grapevine" about something someone had read on my blog. (Gasp!)

I was floored, had I been found out!? My midnight trysts with Mr. Chase were now the topic of ward gossip!? Oh the horror! (Just kidding)

I thought long and hard about what I had written on my blog and drew a blank, What on earth could someone read within this blog that could have had this church leader so concerned? He explained that he had been told about me writing about having Mr. Chase over at all hours of the night and that posed a concern.

I nearly laughed in his face. I carefully explained that while it is true that Mr. Chase and I have had a couple of late nights, we realized that they were not helpful or healthy for either one of us, we both needed our sleep and the late nights are now a thing of the past. He smile and agreed that this was probably a good idea, I asked him if he would like the link to this blog, so he could check up on me himself and not have to wait from concerned citizens but he just smiled and said no, he trusted me. I couldn't help but chuckle to myself I didn't realize that when I choose to have my dates was such a cause for concern in the general populous.

I can only imagine what this concerned citizen was thinking and would like to reassure them that all is well nothing shady is taking place regarding me - at my apartment or anywhere else for that matter -in the wee hours of morn nor in the broad light of day. As I mentioned earlier we have set a curfew, and I would just like to thank whoever you are for keeping an eye out for me and being so concerned over my virtue! I hope this eases your minds. And for future reference if you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment, you could even do so annonomyously :) I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have

1 comment:

  1. I am making a comment Em. I can't help myself. I wish people didn't judge others, it is most of the time uncalled for and not fair. I love your blog and you so keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE comments! Thank You so much for taking your time to leave your thoughts, feelings, ideas, rants and raves. You have just MADE my day!