Friday, September 18, 2009

Prunus Persica

I have had a hankering for peaches lately. I don't know what it is about the fuzzy little things but they have been calling to me... "Auntie Em... Auntie Em, come and eat me Auntie Em!" I was out at my mother's house and we set out with the intent to can the peaches but alas we were given a recipe for freezer peaches, you soak them in a slurry of lemon, pineapple, and orange juice. Well as soon as we tasted the peaches, after a quick dip in the slurry, the idea of canning them quickly went out the window. We washed, peeled, sliced and bagged 3 boxes of peaches and had less than 5 that had to be thrown out! *Beware of the Blue Hand!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOVE comments! Thank You so much for taking your time to leave your thoughts, feelings, ideas, rants and raves. You have just MADE my day!