Sunday, September 20, 2009

I Am Too Nice

I was having a conversation with a new friend last night and during this conversation she confessed that she thought I was, "The kind of person that will go help another person no matter what. I mean come on Em, you are still nice to ____ (fill in the blank with a list of people I probably should not even give the time of day to anymore). I mean REALLY I don't know how you do it, if I had been put through what you went through with ____ I would not even be able to talk to him. Let alone be nice and help him when he asks for it."

- I am not saying this to toot my own horn, its what another friend of mine has told me is my "Greatest character flaw," then quickly added, "But its a great one to have!" I say this more as a way to prove my point.

There are some people in my life that Heaven Help Me I still talk to and associate with that we ALL know I shouldn't but my tender heart can't seem to cut them out of my life. I have tried but these "Underdogs" ~for lack of a better word~ have a special place in my heart. I can't just be mean and NOT help. I DON'T know how to tell them No or not respond when they call, write, text or whatever. I have been told that I am tenderhearted and compassionate but is it possible to be too much of these things?

I ask these questions today because I have been thinking about it a lot today. Why today? Well I was told by someone I trust whole heartedly that one of the aforementioned Underdogs has been saying some really unsavory things about me. They are unfounded and the people he has been telling these things to have dismissed them as someone just trying to make trouble for me but really, I have been nothing but nice to this person its true that we have had our disagreements but I have gone above and beyond would be expected of me when it comes to this person.

So I guess my question is, What do I do? Do I stop being so nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOVE comments! Thank You so much for taking your time to leave your thoughts, feelings, ideas, rants and raves. You have just MADE my day!