Friday, September 25, 2009

Conversations With Myself

Its quarter to two and although I am exhausted I am still WIDE awake.

Oh sure I could take my sleeping medicine that the doctor prescribed but that would be the easy way out of keeping myself company.

When it gets this late I tend to let my mind wander and I can tend to carry out incredibly long conversations with myself about absolutely nothing at all.

For instance. I get to thinking to myself

Self: I think you really should finish that afghan you started last year.
I: But I am not really any good at crocheting, it will end up looking like a snake!
Self: I don't like snakes, oh gosh do you remember when Dad ran over that rattler and then tried to stop to pick it up so he could have the skin?
I: We were on our way home from the cabin. Man, I miss the cabin. Do you remember when we used to use that loom to make potholders.
Self: Jared was the best at making the potholders (aside: Mom even still has one, gosh its got to be 20 years old by now. )
I: Oh, I'm so excited that Jared and Monica are going to have another baby, they heard the heartbeat yesterday you know.
Self: I know! Mikey thinks its a boy.
I: I am so glad I had a little girl, little boys scare me.

And this is just an excerpt of my way of thinking to myself... does anyone even remember what started this whole conversation?

Maybe if I just take 1/2 a pill it won't be so bad right?

1 comment:

  1. You ought to write a magazine column! I love your late night insights.

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE comments! Thank You so much for taking your time to leave your thoughts, feelings, ideas, rants and raves. You have just MADE my day!