Thursday, December 2, 2010

What Does December 1st Mean To You?

For the average person living in Northern Utah the first of the December this year was just that the FIRST day of December, nothing incredibly special or fantastic. However for this goofy girl the first of December brought her FAVORITE holiday well technically Sundown on the first of December brought my favorite holiday. That's right, HANNAKAH is here.
How did this gentile celebrate? Actually I put up my Christmas tree believe it or not (embarrassed smirk) My mennorah is still safely tucked away in its storage place -next to all my Wizard of Oz ornaments - that sadly stay packed away due to my two year old that thinks anything Wizard of Oz is HERS- wonder where she got that from? That's besides the point though, I am looking forward to making latkes and doughnuts and pretty much frying everything I possibly can, yes this very pregnant blogger is into fried and sweet. Poor Henry has a sweet tooth. I really don't know where he got it from, I am not typically into overly sweet things however the things I crave right now are generally sweet treats.
Here is my Hannakah themed Christmas tree. Since its stuffed into the corner, I only decorated 3/4 of the tree. My little girl woke up from her nap just as I was finishing and she insisted in helping me decorate the so we pulled out the silver snowflakes you see floating around and she threw them at the tree. Nice arm huh? And here she is hamming it up for my horrible cell phone's camera, and do no fear, the black splotches are from the camera Daisy does not have a horrible gash on her chin.

1 comment:

  1. :D Happy Hanukkah!!! Latkes do sound good right now!!! Mmmmmm....Fried food!

    My theme for this week in Storytime was Hanukkah! The 4 and 5 year old classes even played Dreidel. They loved it and wanted to play longer!

    Go and have a Sufganiyot!! Yummy! Yummy!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE comments! Thank You so much for taking your time to leave your thoughts, feelings, ideas, rants and raves. You have just MADE my day!