Friday, December 3, 2010

Hard Knocks Life

Growing up, many a Friday nights, the better part of Saturdays and anytime family was coming to visit from out of town we spent our time scrubbing the house from top to bottom, "Make it SHINE like the top of the Chrystler building." One or both of my parents would tell us.

"Why do you think we had children? To do the house work of course!" (insert evil laughter here)

Growing up I always thought this was true! My parents didn't love me they just wanted me (and my siblings) to be their slave! My father would turn on the music of Les Miserable, Phantom of the Opera or Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and we would clean the entire house and it had to be up to my parents standards of clean not just the quick once over. It was pure torture!

Well, now that I am a parent I have realized that this exercise in abuse may not have been ENTIRELY horrible, it takes a LOT of WORK... not just work HARD WORK to raise children, and children make messes... CONSTANTLY. So in an effort to make up for the countless hours I have already spent picking up after this little girl I have decided its time to put her to work.
The best part is she ENJOYS this! In fact if she notices me picking up the front room she runs to the hall closet and pulls out the vacuum. She knows how to plug it in and get it going. She's not the greatest maid in the world but her Mother has been taught by the greatest housekeeper, who was also taught by a master housekeeper, she is destined to be GREAT.

3 comments:

  1. I'm fairly certain that there may be a vacuuming gene. Glad she's got it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish mine would do more housework & less mess!!
    you are an evil genius Auntie Em..LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send her my way! My boys are afraid of the vacuum and I could really use her help.

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE comments! Thank You so much for taking your time to leave your thoughts, feelings, ideas, rants and raves. You have just MADE my day!