Monday, May 23, 2011

I {heart} My Grandmother

When the summer before I turned 21 I ran away from home (sort of) and moved in with my Grandmother. She and I have always had a special relationship. I adore her, she is a woman that I hope to emulate, strong, hard headed a slightly crazy. It also helps that I am her FAVORITE grandchild (and that's saying something because there are 40+ of us) Okay, Okay, I may NOT be her FAVORITE but she makes me feel that way, that's how awesome she is she makes us ALL feel like we are her FAVORITE.

Well I have been missing my Granny something fierce lately - don't worry she is not GONE {insert gloomy music} - she just lives 12 hours away and with gas being $4 a gallon and having two children under the age of three (one of which that up until TODAY was seeing a doctor on a bi-weekly basis ) a 12 car ride is not a very feasible idea - as much as I have entertained that idea as of late.

So... I did the next best thing. I made Pork Chops! They were (while I lived there) and are a staple in her house, they are her favorite thing to eat. They have to have bones, so you can chew on them, and applesauce should accompany them. As I sat there after everyone else had finished my last supper worthy meal I reveled in the bliss that was chewing on the bones. I even called my Dear Old Granny to tell her I was thinking about her.

She laughed and said, "Oh yeah, Pork Chops make you think of me... Great!"

I <3 My Granny!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOVE comments! Thank You so much for taking your time to leave your thoughts, feelings, ideas, rants and raves. You have just MADE my day!