Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Its A Small World

I live in Cache Valley. We are famous for our cheese, LDS Temple and poor air quality during the winter. "The Valley" as those who live here call it, has approximately 112,616 people. Plus Utah State Universities student population 23,000 during the school year. Yes its not a great buzzing metropolitain area but for having a small town life its a pretty big place. Keep this in mind as I continue our dialouge.

I will admit to dabbling in online dating every now and then, no I do not think I'm going to meet my true love online -been there done that- but its a good way to meet new and interesting, granted sometimes scary people but follow common sense rules and your good.

The online "dating" has been pretty hit or miss this go round. A few messages here or there but nothing very consistent or noteworthy (okay there may have been ONE that was noteworthy but after the first real date and him not having contacted me since... his 3 day limit is up tomorrow... there really has been nothing else to report.) The one bright spot that has been pretty consistent for a couple of weeks has been a younger gentleman I have been corresponding with.

Our banter always entertaining and fun it was a "just friends" relationship which I am totally okay with but when we decided to take our friendship to the next level -Facebook- I noticed we had a friend in common. And ladies and gentlemen THIS is when I knew that my new friendship would no longer be. My heart sank as I realized that this online rapport was doomed.

This young gentleman is my ex husband's roommate!

When he realized who I was he sent me a very nice email stating that its against guy code to go out with a current friends ex, have a nice life.

Nice huh?

Add two midterm exams, two inches of snow, being over drawn, a sliver, the beginnings of a migraine and a child that does not want to go to bed and I have had an excellent day.

Curse this small valley I live in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOVE comments! Thank You so much for taking your time to leave your thoughts, feelings, ideas, rants and raves. You have just MADE my day!