Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Memorable Moments

Mr. Chase and I were talking last night and the topic of what our most memorable moments with the other was.

Mr. Chase told me that his top two memories were one of our first "real" dates - and I say "real" because most of our early dates consisted of watching a movie in my front room in the middle of the night because he worked until nine. I thought it was pretty funny that something as simple as ice skating at the local park would leave such an impression on him.
As I laid in bed last night I remembered our date. Putting on skates together, holding hands as we both tried to not fall, and Mr. Chase asking a random skater to take our photo together. I really think that was the date where I realized that Mr. Chase really liked me.

He also said that the birth of Mr. Chase 2.0 made his list or memorable moments. I thought that was a given. It was only 20 days ago but as I think about all that happend that night I'm sure it won't be an event that either of us will soon forget. I know that seems funny of course you remember the birth of your children but Mr. Chase 2.0's birth was insane! Not so much the actual birth but the him being out and the events that took place shortly there after.


I of course agreed that the birth of our son was probably one of our most memorable moments together but what I remember the most was after Mr. Chase 2.0 got here and I was actually able to hold him in the NICU up in Logan, I had baby on my chest with daddy behind me holding my hand. It was a very emotional moment.

I thought it was funny and it surprised me as we talked that neither one of us mentioned our wedding/marriage. Its not that it wasn't special or memorable, because it was but maybe because it too is so new and maybe not as traumatic and life changing as birth or maybe the moment where you realize that perhaps this is the person you want to spend the rest of your life with.

PS - these two photos are taken almost exactly one year apart from one another.
if only we would have known then what we know now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you've got some reading material :). I need an update!!

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE comments! Thank You so much for taking your time to leave your thoughts, feelings, ideas, rants and raves. You have just MADE my day!