Sunday, September 25, 2011

Its All About Your Point of View

As I was washing bottles this morning I was thinking to myself, "Self, I really hate washing bottles and my pump. They are the bane of my existence. They smell bad, are annoying to clean, and the slimy breast milk film is just plain gross." 


"Well," my other more positive self said trying to show my other self reason, "Aren't you grateful that you get to wash these bottles? I mean, you're not washing out syringes for the NG tube anymore and you're little boy is eating lots and lots so you know he's healthy and growing. Besides, you are in your own home, washing your bottles and pump and you still have a baby that needs them."


"Alright," my grouchy -and might I add SICK- self said,"I get the picture. I need to be grateful thanks a lot annoying happy person that's trying to take over. Now go back to the closet under the stairs you are supposed to be locked up in." But as I continued scrubbing the dishes that annoyingly happy voice piped up again. 


"Aren't you so glad that you have these dishes to wash? It means your tummy was full, and you didn't prepare this meal, you're husband did. How nice of him was it to do that especially when you don't feel well. Not only that, but he's going to run and get you some orange juice AND Kleenex with LOTION in it!"




Where on earth did this happy trying to make a positive spin on thing come from? She's kind of annoying! Sometimes, especially when a person is not feeling good they need to feel grouchy, however this annoying happy sing song voice keeps popping in to spread sunshine and cheer. 

On a side note: Breathing is seriously underrated.

That is all.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are sick Em, it is never fun. But how grouse is the breastmilk film! I hate it when you think you get the bottle clean, only for it to still have a film on it when it dries!!!


    PS - well done on still breastfeeding, whats your secret to getting so much milk from pumping, I find it takes two pumps to get one feed these days :(

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE comments! Thank You so much for taking your time to leave your thoughts, feelings, ideas, rants and raves. You have just MADE my day!